A nice way to relax after a long week is to kick back with a cocktail. Before dinner or after dinner is the perfect time to enjoy (I had one at both times today)
I like to keep it simple with cocktails. No fancy alcohols, no exotic ingredients. This Pumpkin Cider Cocktail from Food Mayhem fit the bill.
- pinch spice mix (equal parts cinnamon, allspice, & nutmeg)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon grated ginger and ginger sticks to garnish (Ginger Sticks are optional, we didn’t have any)
- ice as needed
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 1 ounce spiced rum
1. Toast spice mix in a dry pan until fragrant. Remove pan from heat and add freshly grated ginger and pumpkin puree. Stir well to combine. (OK, So maybe toasting spices isn’t exactly “simple” but it is nicely fragrant. It only take about a minute so no big deal)
2. Pour mixture into an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Add rum and apple cider. Shake vigorously to combine.
3. Strain into a champagne flute or cordial glass. (Or mason jar if you are feeling shabby chic) Garnish with a stick of fresh ginger.
I thoroughly loved this drink. Sarah did as well, she especially liked that it wasn’t too sweet. The Pre-Dinner version was made with Bacardi Rum, whereas the Post-Dinner version was made with Kraken Spiced Rum. I preferred the extra spice that the Kraken brought. Our guests liked the drink as well. I highly recommend this cocktail and look forward to having it again.
P.S. Drink responsibly and be over 21 years of age!