In a culinary sense, I’m not that creative. Sarah can mix and match ingredients following a general guideline and come up with something. I need to follow recipes word by word and line by line. Even when I find recipes online and some of the comments will add this or omit that to make it “better” I can’t help but think “no, that’s not right, follow the recipe.” I also don’t just wing it and make something. I can’t just grab some things and whip something up. I need a plan, I need at the very least a precedent for what I am making.
All of the above is why I am shocked by what I made for lunch. To me, it’s creative as I just grabbed what I had at hand and made something. Something I have never had before. Something that seems so genius to me that I am absolutely convinced that it exists in multiple forms that I am not aware of. A quick Google or Pinterest search would probably confirm my suspicions. But instead of doing that I am just going to bask in my own abilities and my kitchen genius.
- Oil Spray (Like Pam or the generic stuff I used)
- 2 Tortillas (The bigger kind)
- Mozzarella Cheese (Enough to fill the tortillas, but don’t get crazy)
- Pepperoni (Put what you want in but don’t overstuff this thing) Can be substituted with whatever else you like on your pizza. I don’t judge
- a Bit of Tomato Sauce to wet it all together (again don’t go crazy, the tortillas can only handle so much.) Today I used some jar pasta sauce our go-to for pizza. Again use what you would for pizza, or put plain tomato sauce in and spice it up yourself, or jar pizza sauce, or use Alfredo sauce, again I don’t judge.
Do you really need me to tell you how to make quesadillas? Yeah? ok.
- Oils one side of each tortilla.
- Heat a pan over medium heat on the stove top.
- Put the cheese, pepperoni (or whatnot) and sauce on a non-oiled side of tortilla. Sandwich the other tortilla (non-oiled side down) onto the mixture
- Toss onto pan, heat a few minutes on one side, flip and heat a few minutes more on the other. Until cheese is melted and the tortilla is browned
- Cut and enjoy
Sorry I don’t have any pictures of my success. I was too busy eating and enjoying it to snap a few shots. Know that it looked melty and delicious.
PS Penny loved it too.